For Americans, Memorial Day Weekend undoubtedly marks the commencement of summer. After getting through the long, cold winter, warm weather is finally upon us, and that means more time spent outdoors and at the beach.
Here at YMlabs, we want you to be sure you are using sunscreen and using it properly. Here is a great list of Do’s and Don’ts to keep in mind this summer as you head out to different outdoor activities. And be sure to check out our selection of amazing sunscreen here that will ensure you spend more time having fun and less time feeling the pain.
• Don’t use spray sunscreens. Although convenient, these sprays make it easy to miss spots or apply too little. Furthermore, sprays can be easily inhaled and can contain toxic ingredients.
• Don’t use your makeup as sunscreen. It’s great in theory, but most do not wear enough makeup nor do they reapply often enough for SPF to be effective. Wear sunscreen under makeup for a better solution.
• Don’t assume because you are naturally tan you are in the clear. Sunscreen should be worn by all skin types.
• Do reapply! This is the best way to ensure you stay covered and protected. Sunscreen should be reapplied every two hours.
• Do bring hats and cover-ups to the beach for added protection.
• Do wear sunscreen on a cloudy day. Not doing so is the easiest way to get burnt as clouds will only block 20 percent of UV rays.